We met up with my friend, Juliet, and her family at Disneyland yesterday. They're vacationing at Laguna Beach, so I was excited to join them at Disneyland. It was great to see Juliet's family and catch up. It was another great day although hotter and more crowded than our other trips to Disneyland. Brian had to work (someone has to pay the bills), so I was outnumbered three-to-one. All three girls were well-behaved so this wasn't bad. We just weren't able to go on any of the roller coasters because I had to stay with Greta. Elsa and Ava didn't seem to mind though. They had lots of fun on every ride. We saw Alice, The Mad Hatter, and the Queen of Hearts. The Mad Hatter asked Elsa if she was embarrassed to be wearing the same outfit as Ava. Elsa wasn't sure how to answer. He then said, "Well that is ok because Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum both wear the same outfits." I liked his sense of humor. After I took a picture of Elsa and Ava with them, they came over to see Greta who was strapped in her stroller. While the rest of the line waited, the Queen took Greta's hand and sat next to her. Alice talked to Greta and asked if she knew where the White Rabbit went. It was sweet. I watched intently to see Greta's reaction. She was totally intrigued by the Queen. After all, Greta's favorite expression is the same one painted on the Queen's face. As we walked away, Ava said, "Mom, the Queen really is nice and not mean at all. She liked Greta." I thought it was such a cute thing to say. Elsa and Ava are at the greatest stage. The Disney magic is still there for them. We stayed until dark for the light parade at California Adventure Park. I wish I could have captured a picture of their faces as each float and character passed. They would shout out the character's name and reach their waving arms high in the air. It was the same with each character throughout the whole parade. The White Rabbit made his way over to shake Elsa's and Ava's hands. They loved this! I loved every minute of the whole parade. While walking to the car, pushing Ava and Greta in the double stroller and carrying Elsa on my back, the fireworks were exploding from Disneyland's Fantasmic. We stopped and were able to see the beautiful display without fighting the crowds. Elsa and Ava repeatedly said, "This was my favorite part of the day. Thanks, Mom." Nothing in better than a little love and gratitude.
16 years ago
1 comment:
TN likes seeing the girls at Disneyland...but "we don't need to see the Queen of Hearts when we go...but Elsa and Ava look safe."
Post a Comment