16 years ago
Friday, July 3, 2009
Elsa's Kindergarten Graduation
Here is another recap from three weeks ago...Elsa graduated from kindergarten. The event was a little anti-climatic in my opinion. Maybe this is better. Does there need to be a big ceremony for each grade accomplished? There wasn't when I was growing up. Anyway, on the last day of school, the parents were invited for the last hour. We sat in chairs while the kindergarten teacher passed out the diplomas to each child. Then it was over. Ice cream sandwiches were outside on the playground for the children to eat there or take home. Elsa and Ava had fun eating their ice cream and playing on the gym until we were the last ones remaining. Elsa won't continue at this school since we moved out of the boundaries. It is a great school, and fortunately she'll be attending another great school next fall. She had a nice teacher, Mrs. Brown, but had a hard time finding good friends. I guess when you move with only six weeks of school left, it is hard for anyone to really extend themselves. It also didn't help that out of the 21 students, there were only six girls in the class. She'll have no problem making new friends in the first grade. I am proud of Elsa. She had an excellent report card with all exceptional marks. It is fun to have a child that so easily adjusts and is smart. I had to laugh because one of the comments on her evaluation said that Elsa likes to talk and easily makes friends. I had the exact same thing written on my kindergarten report card, except the phrasing on my report card didn't exemplify the "talking" part. Next year, Ava will be our kindergartener. Wow. For now, I enjoy having them both home all day with me. They are great little helpers and companions to me, Greta, and each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment