Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Greta is Six-Months-Old

 

 

 

 

Greta had her 6-month well check-up last Monday. Here are her stats: Weight 15 lbs. 12 oz (44th percentile)and length 26 1/2 inches (73rd percentile). She is right on schedule and a typical baby. (Our babies all come from the same mold. In comparison to Elsa's and Ava's measurements at this age, they are all within a 1/2 inch and 8 oz. of each other.) She now sits up by herself and stays sitting for longer and longer periods of time. She isn't quite sure how to get out of her sitting position. Most of the time, she'll lean forward and then roll onto her belly. But if she topples to the side, she gets mad. I am sure it is a scary sensation, like she is falling. Elsa and Ava are usually right next to her if help is needed. Greta still loves her baths. She has started to get a little more consistent with naps and bedtime. She is usually asleep by 6:30-7:00pm. This has its benefits because I have my evenings to get Elsa and Ava to bed and then have some time to myself. Brian and I can also go out and feel more comfortable leaving a babysitter to only care for Elsa and Ava. The disadvantage is that it is hard to get out with the kids in the evenings and the fact that from 4:00-5:00am she is awake. If I try keeping her up, she is pretty miserable. For now, I'll stick to what works for her. She is a happy smiley baby. I am noticing more often that she will have stranger anxiety, but for the most part she'll flash her dimpled smile at passersby. She babbles and coos all the time and quickly responds to her sisters' attention. She giggles and laughs at their antics. She rolls around quickly now. She can make it across the room in a matter of seconds. I have to be more aware of what is on the floor, particularly the girls' small toys. She likes her toys and quickly objects if I take one away. She does the funniest thing when she is mad. She hits her left arm up and down. She does this when she is tired, wants a toy, is bored, or is getting dressed. It cracks me up. She has become a proficient eater and cries when I don't get the spoon in fast enough. She loves "Baby Einstein" videos. When she hears the opening music, she rapidly kicks her legs and coos. It is pretty cute. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. It is fun to go through this again. I have forgotten so many milestones that come with each stage. I sure love having her in our home.

Greta has had croup for the past few days. It has been long nights with Ava, then Elsa, and now with Greta being sick. She finished her last steroid treatment last night. I totally noticed a change in her personality. She was more agitated and just seemed uncomfortable. I am sure the virus didn't help either. She is still pretty stuffed up. I've been giving her warm baths and running the humidifier non-stop. Hopefully she'll get better soon. I am tired of sick kids! The whole month of November was a rotation of one child getting sick after the other. Maybe this was our bad month, and we'll now have the antibodies to get us through the rest of winter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Holly said...

She is getting so big and so unbelievably beautiful! You two make the most gorgeous children.

Amber said...

She is so big. Time flies and I can't believe she is that old. It seems like just a few weeks ago I was holding "little" Greta at Tom and Paula's house. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get to see you again.

Heather Woolley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Woolley said...

Sorry, I started writing and then sent the comment before I was done.

It's great to see pictures of your cute girls. I hadn't checked your blog in a while. Greta is a doll.

Are you guys going to be in Utah over Christmas at all?