Saturday, December 27, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

 

 

 

 

This has been a busy week of Christmas activities. On Sunday night, we pulled out the air bed and slept by the lights of the Christmas tree. Elsa was the only one that lasted. About twenty minutes into the night, Ava decided her own bed was "more comfy" so she ditched Elsa. After Elsa fell asleep, I ditched too for my own comfy bed.

On Monday night, we watched "The Grinch" (Jim Carrey version) while the icing set on our gingerbread houses. Then we were up way too late decorating. Icing was ALL over - floor, table, chairs, clothes, etc. Elsa and Ava had so much fun. They are so creative and loved deciding how to decorate. I am not sure what was more fun for Ava - watching the movie or decorating. Ava has been quoting lines from "The Grinch" this whole week. We moved the air bed to her bedroom so she and Elsa could have a sleepover. When I snuggled in their bed the next morning, Ava quoted, "Ah, the fires of love." She constantly amuses me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: