Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Morning

 
We were all tired. Elsa couldn't fall asleep and was up until midnight. As a result, Brian and I were up until 3am. We all had difficulty opening our eyes the next morning. We had told the girls that when they wake up they first needed to come to our room. We had been up with Greta before either Elsa or Ava woke up. When Elsa came in she said, "I tried not to look down, but I couldn't help it. I peaked and saw that Santa came!"
 
Greta got a peek-a-boo pop-up toy. She loved watching the animals appear and disappear. She has the cutest smile.
 
Santa wisely put this castle in the dining room. For Christmas, Elsa had only requested a piggy bank and money to go in it. Once, she briefly commented to her Grandma that she wanted a Playmobil castle. I didn't give it much credence until she then talked about it non-stop the week prior to Christmas. She expected that her Grandma would deliver. I explained that these are expensive toys and that Grandma had something else in mind. She still hoped for this castle. Elsa and Ava opened all their presents from Santa and went through their stockings. Elsa and Ava got a few accessories and furniture to accompany the princess castle, but no castle was under the tree. You could tell that Elsa was disappointed even though she wouldn't quite say it. I explained that maybe next year or for her birthday she may get one. She had passed by the dining room a few times without noticing. Then when she did notice, it stopped her right away. She had the biggest smile. She said, "How did Santa know that this is my favorite thing I wanted?" So, it was a good Christmas. (Once again, I continue my love/hate relationship with Playmobil. These toys provide a lot of play value, but are such a pain with all the miniature pieces! It is expensive too.)
 
Greta tasting her new toys. She is so sweet.

Our Christmas morning and day was so relaxing. We didn't get started until 9am. The girls opened their presents from Santa and then spent the next hour opening the packages and setting up their new toys. Elsa was pleased with her floral piggy bank and Ava was thrilled to get the Tinkerbell play set and fairy friends. We had breakfast and then resumed opening presents from family. Elsa and Ava got scooters from their grandparents that they were able to take outside and try. (We haven't had any snow here for a long time. Just lots of rain and ice.) They also got Webkinz, a movie, and gift cards from their cousins, and craft supplies and a globe from their parents. We took our time and let them enjoy each present as they opened them. As a result, opening presents lasted the whole day. It was so relaxing. We finally started cleaning up a little and had dinner around 5:30pm. What a fabulous Christmas day. We missed seeing family and friends and participating in the many festivities. Thanks for your fun gifts and for thinking of us.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love all your posts! It looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday. Your girls are beautiful, it's so fun to see what's been going on. Love ya!