Elsa VERY HEAVY with child. She played the part of Mary well. Even down to waddling into the stable.
"Silent Night" on the chimes. It was anything but silent. They needed more practice, but it was fun for the kids to participate.
Elsa and Ava had practiced "When Joseph Went to Bethlehem." They were excited to perform for their friends. All the little girls got to sit on the piano for the song.
The crazy crowd after we had finished singing "Away in a Manger." Elsa was giggling because the wise men brought pretend cupcakes and pizza and a doll pram as their gifts. (I'm sure these would have been appreciated gifts.)
Decorating sugar cookies. This turned into a big disaster, but the kids loved it. Brian and I stayed up way too late cleaning all the frosting off of chairs and the floor, as well as the plethora of sprinkles scattered throughout the kitchen.
Since this was our first Christmas away from our extended family, we carried on a few of the traditions with our friends and neighbors. We had a burrito bar for dinner and then keeping with Heath tradition, a Nativity Pageant. Of course with this many kids, there was a lot of commotion and fun. To keep the peace, we had two Marys and two angels. Joseph really didn't know what he was in for. Everyone enjoyed participating and being together. (At least, I thought so.) This was a great way for us to celebrate the birth of our Savior. I know that Elsa and Ava definitely had fun. Elsa couldn't fall asleep until midnight! There was so much excitement and anticipation for Christmas Day.
16 years ago

2 comments:
This was so much fun, thanks again. I might steal the pics with my kids for our blog.
And sorry again about the gigantic mess you were left with...
Post a Comment