16 years ago
Monday, August 25, 2008
Our Sunday Afternoons
Even though my Sunday mornings are a struggle getting all three girls ready for church by myself and getting out the door by 8:45 (it should be closer to 8:30 since I'm always late), I love having the afternoons to be home. We've enjoyed the nice summer weather by going on walks, bike rides, and to the park. It is so fun to watch the girls ride their bikes. It has really been the last couple of months that we've gotten Elsa to enjoy bike riding. Elsa, of course, is very competitive and wants to get to wherever we're going the fastest, particularly to beat Ava. Ava is the tortoise, slow and steady. She goes at an even pace and often gets distracted looking around just checking out the world around her. No agenda. This is so much their personalities in other aspects of their lives. Elsa is constantly telling me that she "can't wait to"...be a teenager, or go to high school, or go scuba diving. I guess life seems more exciting when you're older. Ava, on the other hand, is holding onto to her infancy as long as possible. Just a couple of days ago she was sitting on my lap and out of nowhere said, "Mom, I don't want to go." I was confused and said, "Where? School?" She said, "No, I don't want to get married and leave you. I want to stay with you forever." I had to document this as a reminder for later on when she wants nothing to do with me. I love both their perspectives on life - Elsa's excitment for what's coming and Ava's ability to enjoy the moment. I especially love spending time with them. I can't wait to see what Greta's personality will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"...I want to stay with you forever." That is so precious.
Sunday's are the best! Thanks again for letting us borrow your baby clothes. Emery is starting to fit into them, she is actually wearing a onsie of yours right now.
Post a Comment