Today our first child started school. I've had so many people ask me if I cried, and I DIDN'T. Not with Elsa. She has been ready for school for over a year. She just missed the cut-off date last year. Besides being older, she is so social. I have no worries about her ability to make new friends and adapt to changes. I only worry about her if she is competing in something and then watch out. She can throw a fit if she isn't at the top. We have this to work on (as if we didn't have anything else). The day started out with lots of whining. Not because Elsa wasn't excited to start school, but she was tired. We are still jet-lagged from the two hour time change from our trip to Utah. We stayed up way too late in Utah and are still paying for it. However, once Elsa got outside and saw all the neighbor kids lined up, she lit right up. (The powdered donuts helped too!!) She is so grown-up. She was the first one on the bus. She didn't hesitate for a second. She walked to the middle of the bus, picked a seat, and sat right down. Her friend, Addison, came to sit next to her. Brian, Ava and I waited for the bus to come back around through the neighborhood to wave good-bye. We crossed the road so we'd be on the side she was sitting. However, when they passed, she was looking back to the other side and didn't see us. Later on in the day she just said, "I figured you went home already."
Here are pictures of how our morning started and ended.
It was a busy day in addition to Elsa starting school. Ava started a preschool camp on oceans. So here is how the day pretty much went - I woke up to feed Greta at 7am. From then on it has been getting kids ready, transporting them to preschool, picking up Elsa from kindergarten, feeding her lunch, picking up Ava from preschool, getting the girls snacks, cleaning up toys, making dinner, bathing, and bedtime. Any time in between these events was mostly spent feeding Greta, bathing and rocking her. She is still awake at 11pm. When will she fall asleep? It all starts over again tomorrow. Another "Ground Hog Day." I hope at least to get a shower in. Can I find it possible to embrace this chaos? I am barely enduring it.
10 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world wonderful Heaths! Your trip out West looked like a blast. Don't you just love Glenwood Springs?! The picture of Greta below is darling, so wonderful that so many loved ones were able to be with you for her blessing. So looking forward to being able to keep up with you this way, especially since you're leaving us...sigh. :)
oh, i am so excited that you have a blog. your girls are so beautiful and i am loving elsa's backpack. it looks like an oilily :)
Love the blog. I finally relented and started one too. So wish we could've been in Utah for the reunion. I'm sure it was a blast!
I'm glad you are blogging. So much easier to see pictures and read.
Good luck with adjusting to school schedules. We are stressed getting all the supplies, uniforms, etc. Doesn't it seem too early for this?
Love the blog! Love the Nan-ny Diaries!
Welcome to the blogging world.
And, no, it's hard to embrace. But it helps to know it passes quickly, so you'd better enjoy what you can.
Good luck!
WOW and way to go on the blog! Hey send me an email and I will send you an invite...buhlersdayoff [at] gmail.-ps this is Sarah your fav cousin!!
Your girls are BEAUTIFUL. It's fun to see what you've been up to--you family of FIVE!
I can't believe how big your girls are!! They are all so beautiful. I love the pictures of Elsa's first day of school. We walk to school here and I think kids look so little getting on those huge buses!
It is a lot of working schleping the kids to school but you get in a good routine and figure out how to make the most of the time in between drop off and pick up.
Congratulations on your new little baby - I love the name Greta.
xo
Cute pics. I love people who blog the good and the bad...real life!! We miss you already!
Post a Comment