Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Noah's Ark

The things you do to please your children. At church yesterday Elsa had a lesson about Noah's ark. As Elsa was telling us about her lesson, Brian suggested we continue this lesson for Family Home Evening. (We now have FHE on Sunday evenings since Brian is gone during the week.) Elsa was excited and asked if we could do a Noah's Ark craft. I agreed thinking it would consist of a couple pages of construction paper with some Popsicle sticks and foam animal stickers. But Brian had a grander vision. He wanted to make an ark cake. Whatever. We ran out of time yesterday with going to the park, home teachers coming, and taking care of everything else. Elsa was so upset at bedtime that I had let her down because I "was feeding Greta." Her exact words were, "It is all your fault. You were upstairs feeding Greta." Love hearing that at 9pm after a long day. Anyway, I promised her we could do it the next day. So today, right after I picked her up from kindergarten, the four of us went to the grocery store to buy a cake mix, frosting, animal crackers, and fruit roll-ups. This is what we created. I am no Betty Crocker! The girls had fun deciding which ambiguous animal crackers would be Noah and his wife, as well as deciding what could be the water. They had even more fun eating it.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

It's That Simple said...

TN says she really wants to make a boat like "Elsa" and "Ava"....and she really wants a "bwog" (blog" too.

Anonymous said...

What a great cake! You guys are so creative!!! I bet the girls just loved it.

Rose said...

Such a fun cake - fruit roll ups make everything better! Elsa and Ave are so grown up - I love the way Elsa knows how to push the right buttons too . . lol.

Mimi said...

Natalie - I found your blog through Kelly's and had such a fun time reading it. You sound like a great mom and I can so relate to some of your stories. Your girls are beautiful! It sounds like you live in Indiana - that's where I grew up. So great to see what you are up to - hope you don't mind if I blog stalk you now and then.

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.