Friday, August 7, 2009

And it is still fun!



We've loved our season passes to Disneyland and are getting our money's worth. We went again on Wednesday with Nicole and her two girls. It was even hotter and more crowded than last week. We started off at Adventure Park to avoid the crowds, but the girls really wanted to go on the roller coasters they haven't been on - Splash Mountain and Space Mountain. We headed over to Space Mountain around 2 o'clock for fast passes. We wouldn't have been able to get fast passes until 10pm and there was a 70 minute wait. So we passed on this ride. We rode a few rides on the way over to Splash Mountain, which had a similar fast pass wait. Below is said 1.00 wait time. I told the girls that we'd need to wait an hour and that was too long. Nicole quickly corrected me that is was 100 minutes not 1 hour! Elsa, Ava, and Callie begged to go and said they didn't mind waiting. Fortunately, Greta and Tessa had just fallen asleep. Nicole patiently waited with the sleeping babies while I waited in line with the older girls. They were so pleasant, not complaining once. I even learned a new handshake/game from Callie. You could tell that they really wanted to go on this ride. It was so fun to be with them. And it really was an hour and 40 minutes wait. It was a good thing that the babies slept the whole time. They were rested and were happy to stay up late for the light parade and fireworks. These could be awful days fighting crowds, heat, and ornery children. However, Disneyland days are the best. The girls love it! So do I! The only downside is that I am exhausted the next day. But the girls sleep in, and Greta takes great naps. So worth it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: