This is an EASY recipe. I love chili, especially in the winter. I've had a few people ask me for this, so here it is.
5 cups chopped cooked chicken (can use a rotisserie chicken, which is even easier)
3 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
1 (32-ounce) box chicken broth
1 (16-ounce) jar mild salsa (or hotter depending on how you like your chili)
1 (8-ounce) package Monteray Jack cheese with peppers, cubed
2 teaspoons ground cumin
Garnish: Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and jalapenos.
In a 6 quart electric slow cooker, combine chicken, beans, broth, salsa, cheese, and cumin. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Garnish with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and jalapenos. Serve with chips. (Note: to make a quick chili dip, combine all ingredients except chicken broth. Cook as directed.)
If you're in a pinch for time, I made this on my stove in a big soup pot. Combine all ingredients and let simmer for 2 hours, or until the cheese has completely melted. It tasted as good. Enjoy!
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment