16 years ago
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Greta at 8 months
Greta is 8 months-old. She is such a joy in our lives. Now that she is starting to crawl, she can't hold still. She flips over and pushes-up on all fours in a second. It drives me crazy when I am changing her diapers. We all have to be more careful about what is left on the ground. She is a great eater. Everyone who sees how much she eats is amazed. She eats a whole bowl of cereal (1 full cup or more) and 1/2 of a large container of a fruit or vegetable at each feeding (2-3 times a day). And she finishes all of it in ten minutes or less. She is still nursing 3-4 times a day too. She isn't chubby either. I don't know where it all goes. She always wakes up with a big smile on her face and kicks her legs when she sees me. It melts my heart. She loves to bounce and jump. We pulled out one of those jumping contraptions that hang on the door frame. It was given to us when we had Elsa, but we've never used it until now. (It was in storage during Ava's whole infancy.) It probably violates a dozen or so child safety laws, but Greta LOVES it. She giggles and laughs so loud as she bounces. She also stands holding onto furniture. Elsa thinks this is so fun. I have to lower her crib before she begins to pull herself up and accidentally flips out. I can't believe how fast she is growing. She is starting to grow out of her 6-12 month clothes. She is so tall. I hold up 12-18 month clothes, and they look HUGE. But they fit her, in length but not around the waist. I think she'll be wearing a lot of dresses this spring and summer. I think she'll be our fairest child. Her strawberry-blond-streaked hair has a lot of the white-blond hair growing in underneath. We've given her a second hair cut because the top and sides grow so quickly. I think she is looking more and more like Elsa. As I look at both their baby pictures, I am amazed at the resemblance. She seems to have a mix of Elsa's and Ava's personalities though. She has LOTS of energy and is busy. Her arms or legs are in constant motion, but she is also a very peaceful baby. I am just smitten with our little sweetheart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Adorable! It's so fun having Greta just a month or so older then Emery because I read your posts and then know what to expect with Emery. What a sweetie!
I just popped in from another blog, and I have to say that your girls are Beautiful. You are very blessed. Good luck with the move.
Post a Comment