
Do you think I have food on my mind??? I love falafels. I've found two places somewhat nearby that serves them. It is one of my favorite meals. I had a surprise party for Brian on Saturday night and served a Falafel bar. It required little preparation on my part. Thanks Costco. I love Costco. Not by the fact that I can't get out of there without spending at least $200, but they carry the best products. A new one - falafels. No, not falafel mix but pre-made falafels. You microwave for 40-50 seconds and voila - a perfect snack or meal. What is falafel (a lot of people asked)? It is a Middle Eastern food, a fried ball of either spiced fava beans or chickpeas that are crushed and formed into a ball. The Costco version is made with chickpeas, vegetables, and fresh herbs. I served with Greek Flat bread or Pita pockets, red pepper and pine nut hummus (another Costco fav.) and tzatkizi sauce (yep, Costco too), and feta cheese. I made a cucumber, tomato, and dill salad that can be served in the flat bread/pita or on the side. It is always fun to try something new for entertaining. I am enjoying the leftovers for lunch and dinner. Not tired of it...yet.
2 comments:
The falafels you brought over were amazing, Wally & I LOVED THEM! I'm so happy to know I can get most of the ingredients at Costco.
This was so good! I am actually tempted to go get some from Costco this week.
Post a Comment