16 years ago
Monday, January 12, 2009
Greta Feeds Herself
With Elsa, my first baby, I was always anxious for the next stage to come. It was so exciting to watch each new milestone. With Ava, it all seems like a blur. I was preoccupied with daily survival taking care of a toddler and a newborn. It is mostly through pictures (thank goodness for digital photography) that I am reminded of when Ava hit her milestones. But with Greta, it is so different. I have thoroughly enjoyed each stage, not wishing for her to grow up any faster than necessary. Not only do I get to enjoy watching her change daily, but Elsa and Ava have so much fun too. They are the biggest helpers, eager to change diapers, get her pacifier, help feed Greta, and entertain her with all sorts of games, songs, and antics. Elsa now sits down and reads books to her. I've been out of the baby stage for a while, so I was reading "What to Expect the First Year." Greta is old enough to try feeding herself, or so it says. I put it to the test...and she loved it. She was entertained for a good 30-45 minutes eating graham crackers. She has been my best eater by far. I have to admit that I've been more persistent too. Having one picky four year-old has compelled me to have Greta continually try new foods, even if she doesn't like them at first. As a result, she eats every kind of vegetable, fruit, and cereal (that is available in puree form). Now she likes crackers too. What should I try next?
Another milestone - I went to get her out of bed Saturday morning and she was sitting up. She can now get to a sitting position from all fours. She is so close to crawling forward. She has mastered getting up on all fours and then pushing back. She can move quite quickly this way. She is so strong. She does push-ups all day. Instead of pushing up on flat feet, she pushes up on her toes. It will only be a matter of days before she is moving one hand in front of the other. She is growing up too quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Anni loved avocado chunks. She would eat an entire avocado by herself as she got older.
Post a Comment