
Ava has had a lot going on this past month that I haven't recorded. She gave her first talk in primary on August 24th. Ava, who is typically shy and doesn't like to be the focus of attention, stood up to the podium and spoke loudly and clearly. She didn't hesitate at all. She talked about the things she can do to prepare for baptism when she is 8 years-old. Afterwards, she said to me, "Mom, I wasn't shy. That was so fun." I was proud of her. Then (as I blogged earlier), she waterskiied for the first time. Next, she had her first day of pre-k on Tuesday, September 1st. Ava was excited to start school. The first day was a little rushed since she wasn't used to waking up early. Her eyes are a little puffy in the picture (which was a second thought as I loaded Greta into the car and then quickly grabbed the camera to take a quick picture). Ava loves having her friends Max and Camryn in her class. She loves learning and especially loves music and faith & values. It is so fun to see her growing up. Today Ava was spotlighted in primary. The children get to pick their favorite things and show them to everyone else. These are the things Ava picked: Hop Hop - her pink blankie/bunny (She said, "This helps me sleep at night."), Scooby Doo DVD and Mystery Machine toy (she loves Scooby and Shaggy), red slipper (since red is her favorite color and she likes to dress up), toy penguin (since they are her favorite animal), toy dogs - Goldie and Rocky, and an eyeball (for some reason, she really wanted to bring this!) Ava is so cute. I adore her.
Ava is my one child that in the same instance can make me giggle and make me furious. She knows how to push my buttons. For instance, she was splashing in the bathtub and spilling water all over the floor. (I've told her repeated times NOT TO DO THIS.) When I got her out of the bathtub, I got down at eye-level and harshly said, "Ava if you keep doing this you will have SERIOUS consequences." She just giggled and calmly said, "What kind of consequences? Let me think about them." I was so angry by this response as well as the stress of Greta crying, Elsa needing to get to sleep with the clock ticking, and I just started laughing. Ava said, "Mom, why do you always laugh when you are mad?" I guess it is better then the alternative. Then the other day, I was telling the girls if they didn't get their toys picked up then they wouldn't be able to go camping on Friday. Elsa, of course, got nervous and quickly started cleaning. I overheard Ava whisper to Elsa, "Don't worry Elsa. She'll just forget. We will still go." Ugh. She can be my greatest joy and my greatest challenge!
2 comments:
Dying over Ava's "consequences". What a cutie!
I just read this post outloud to Brandon and he said that Ava is his kind of girl!
We just love her!
Post a Comment