
Last weekend, we went camping for the first time this summer. The girls love to camp, but I have no desire to attempt it with a newborn. Our church had a campout at a field less than five minutes from our house. This is easy camping! There was a potluck dinner, a large campire for roasting hot dogs and marshmellows, and fun songs. The kids loved every minute of it. The best part - for all of us - was when Elsa and Ava slept in the tent with Brian while I went home with Greta. I came back first thing in the morning to bring warm chocolate milk and to help pack-up. Camping is a lot of work (especially for one night), but there is something special about the experience. Elsa and Ava asked if we could go camping every weekend. They want to live in tents. Are these really my children?
1 comment:
natalie--i LOVE your blog! I've been meaning to post a comment for so long...i've just been a little busy lately :) Your family is so adorable! It's so fun reading about our fun adventures with your girls--it gives me a bit of a sneak preview at what we've got coming. Those stories about Ava crack me up! My second child also makes me laugh and scream in the same moment, although i'm afraid i tend to scream more than laugh :)
I can't believe how grown up Elsa is, too! You've got such great kids and they've got such a fun mom!!!
Post a Comment