Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Fancy Nancy" Birthday Party



Elsa had a "Fancy Nancy" birthday party. If you are familiar with the books, then you'll know this consisted of a lot of fuchsia (a fancy word for purple) and exquisite (a fancy word for fancy) ensembles. Elsa and I had so much fun planning for her party. We picked out lots of pink and purple tulle, balloons, feathers, fingernail polish, and hair spray glitter for the big day. Elsa greeted each of her friends at the door with a "Bonjour Darling." Then we escorted them into the Posh Pampering Salon a.k.a. the dining room for their manicures and make-up which consisted of glitter hair spray, glitter eye shadow, and lip gloss. (I had my friend's 9 year-old daughter assist with the make-up application.) While the girls waited for their turn in the salon, we had "Fancy Nancy" activity books. Once everyone was all fancy, we attended charm school where they learned to curtsy, to walk with proper posture with books on their heads, to drink with their pinkie fingers lifted, and learned some fancy vocabulary and French words (my French education finally was useful). We then had parfaits (French for ice cream sundaes), cupcakes, and opened presents. It was lots of fun and worth all the work. Elsa told me this was the best birthday. Ava said she now wants a "Fancy Nancy" birthday party. Good thing I already have the decorations.Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

It's That Simple said...

Oh, I was hoping there would be Fancy Nancy hoop-la posts. ADORABLE! Done in ture Nan fashion! Love it! You exceeded my expectations!

Holly said...

This party is unbelievable! You did an amazing job.

Anonymous said...

I love the Fancy Nancy books! What a great idea... so creative! I bet the girls just loved it!

Melissa said...

My Kate loves Fancy Nancy too. What a great party idea! Looks like the girls had a blast. The cupcakes turned out so cute.