Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Crush

Elsa has her first crush. She was telling me about kids in class when she said, "And then there is Luke. He is so handsome, more handsome than anyone. Even my teacher says he is handsome." I asked her what he looks likes and she replied, "He has dark hair, darker than Daddy's and it goes like this to the side and up right here and to the other side here." (She was swooping her hands to side of her head and along a side part.) She also said he is nice to everone. I told Brian that night that Elsa has her first crush. He told me not to tease her about it, which I, of course, didn't. When Brian asked about Luke, Elsa said, "I always stand next to him in line to be picked-up." I asked if that was their line order, and she said, "No Mom, I just like to be so close to him all the time. I put my fingers in the straps of his backpack because I don't want him to go." So cute. I can't remember any crushes in Elementary school. My first crush that I remember was in 6th grade. I had a crush on Matt Dayton along with half the other girls. Ahh, memories.

Today when I picked Elsa up from school, her teacher was next to her at the pick-up line. She poked her head in the window and whispered, "There is a boy in class that has a crush on Elsa. His name is Luke. He is darling. The two always stand next to each other and he'll look at her in the corner of his eye and get a grin on his face. I told his mom about this and she said that she can picture the exact smile. When Elsa wore her pink dress and leg warmers it was all over for Luke. He stared at her all morning." So I guess her crush is requited. So sweet. I told her teacher about Elsa's comments about Luke and she laughed. It must be so fun to be a teacher to see and hear all the funny things that happen with kids.

(Please don't comment about this to Elsa. I don't want her to get embarassed about it or shy about telling me things. I just had to share because it is so innocent.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute story! It's so fun to hear all about the girls. How is little Greta doing?

Heather Dawson said...

That is the cutest story!! She's such a little beauty -- I'm not surprised that the boys are already after her!! :)