Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Forever = 10 Days

Ava has a few friends from pre-K that she constantly talks about. Max is one of them. She told me that she and Max sit by each other everyday. Max told her if they sit by each other everyday then they are forever friends. Max's mom, Holly, and I have been husband less for the week. Last night we met up for dinner with the kids. I was asking Max about being forever friends with Ava. Max said, "I am forever friends with Ava and Julia. Forever is this many days." He held up both of his hands with all ten fingers widely extended. It seems appropriate that 10 days does seem like forever in a 4 year-old's mind-set. Just as not being able to do something at one given moment turns into "I NEVER get to do it." The old adage that "time goes by faster the older you get" is still true because it seemed like yesterday that my 4 year-old was a baby!

1 comment:

Holly said...

This was so cute. I am glad that you remembered it for me.