Saturday, October 2, 2010

Soccer Saturdays

Elsa has enjoyed soccer this season. The last time she played was a couple of years ago, and it was a co-ed team. The boys on the team dominated, and Elsa spent most of the games in misery or picking grass in the middle of the field. An all girls team is much better. Each game, Elsa becomes better skilled and more comfortable with the physical contact. She has some strong moments where she fearlessly goes after the ball, but I'm not sure if her heart is really into soccer. She likes playing and really loves having her dad coach. Plus, the exercise is good. At this age level, there is a lot of running and ball-chasing.
Elsa really hustled for the ball.
Brian looks good in pink, don't ya think? (I didn't mean to rhyme!) And he is a great coach, which is not surprising. He is patient and even-tempered.
Brian with his adoring girls after the game. (Ava was warming up for her game.)

I finally remebered to bring our camera to the girls' soccer games. This was our fourth Saturday at the soccer fields. I am officially a soccer mom - literally. Since no one else volunteered to be the soccer mom for Ava's team, and I was out of town for most of Aug., by default I was chosen. I've spent hours making a felt banner, arranging snack schedules, team parties, pictures, etc. Soccer has made our weekends a little chaotic, and we now have less down time. (I know, welcome to kids' sports!) Soccer is fun, and we enjoy watching Elsa and Ava progress each week. The weather has been really hot, which makes the games a little miserable for everyone. Fortunately, today it rained during most of Elsa's game. The cloud cover provided a lot of relief. Ava wasn't so lucky with the weather during her game.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: