16 years ago
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Santa Barbara Zoo
On Saturday, May 1st, we had planned to go to Disneyland as a whole family. On Friday night, Brian and I filled the car with gas, packed snacks, organized the backpack with sunscreen, sunglasses, wipes, jackets, etc. I had clothes cleaned and laid out ready to go early the next morning. Then at midnight when we got in bed, I checked the opening times and realized that starting in May our passes were no longer valid on Saturdays. Total bummer. As a sad consolation, we went to the Santa Barbara Zoo. It was a beautiful day. Even though it is a small zoo, it is right on the ocean and the setting couldn't be better. There is a great turf hill that the kids sled down on cardboard boxes. We remembered to bring our own box this time. We might have looked funny to those coming in, carrying around a big cardboard box. We were able to spend the morning cleaning and still have fun. It was an eventful day after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment