
After a busy day at the parks on Thursday, I drove home with Greta. Elsa and Ava stayed at the hotel with Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Danielle. I got up early Friday morning to get ready for another day at Disneyland. I went to the grocery store to buy Ava's favorite snacks and to the bakery to get chocolate covered donuts. Brian took the day off to celebrate Ava's birthday together. Just as we were getting in the car to leave, we called to wish Ava a "Happy Birthday." It was so sad. We was exhausted and probably dehydrated too. She was crying and said her tummy hurt and her head ached. Brian and I rushed, but traffic impeded our arrival. We got there just as my Dad and Anne had arrived. They tried to nurse Ava with Motrin, but she threw it all up. She looked green and miserable. My heart ached for her. I had high hopes of this being the best birthday. We brought an extra stroller, and she spent most of the day riding inside. By the afternoon, she had perked up and was again interested in going on rides. Elsa had left early in the morning with Aunt Danielle, Alex and Ashley and hit all the roller coasters that later had long lines. I'm glad it the experience met Elsa's expectations. We still had an enjoyable day at the parks and ended it with a firework show before we headed up after 10pm. It is exhausting to do the parks two days in row. We still have more birthday adventures on Saturday. Happy Birthday Dani and Ava!

1 comment:
Thank you for the wonderful photos and commentary. It helps me feel more in touch with your busy lives.
Post a Comment