Monday, May 3, 2010

Climber - Our Pet Frog


I had to document that we did have a pet...if only for a few days. Elsa caught this frog over by the pool and was so excited to keep him as a pet. I got out an old fish tank. Then our next door neighbor, Danny, who keeps lots of reptiles in his room, showed Elsa and Ava what would be needed for Climber's habitat. Then Brian took them to the pet store and bought frog food. We followed the directions closely, but Climber wouldn't eat the food. We even tried putting a fly into the tank. We had friends over for dessert and games, after seeing Climber's condition, they pled with us to release him. I couldn't have a dead frog on my conscience. (I've killed enough goldfish.) We convinced Elsa that he needed to be freed since he wasn't eating and could die. She just cried and cried, but conceeded that it would be better for him to live. It was a heart-wrenching moment. I know we need to get a pet i.e., a dog, at some point, but I am just not ready yet.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: