My mornings are busy getting three girls ready for the day -breakfast, dressed, hair done, lunches made, bags packed and loaded, and get out the door by 8:10am. (Usually, it is 8:15am). It is a very rare occassion for the girls to get their hair curled. So far, it has happened only once. I wanted to take pictures before school because I knew the curls would NOT last throughout the day.
I realized these are just school pictures, that are snapped by an impatient photographer. However, I stressed about what the girls should wear. I wanted something classic, different, and not too busy. It is still summer weather here, so none of their new cute fall clothes would work. I think these dresses were a good solution.
(I'm sure I am tramatized by my own school picture experiences. One year, 2nd grade, I had super short hair. Dorothy Hamill bowl cut was in style. I was at home, sick, when my mom realized that it was picture day. She combed my hair and sent me to school. My class picture is sad and funny. The boy next to me has the exact same hair style/cut. If I wasn't wearing a shirt with a ruffled collar, you would have taken me for a boy. That is just cruel punishment for a little girl that loved everything girly.)
Now I am just waiting to see the actual pictures and hope that eyes are open and the smile isn't too goofy. If they don't turn out well, I can at least say I tried. And I have these pictures...which are probably better anyway.
16 years ago

5 comments:
Beautiful!
Natalie, your girl's look beautiful! I'm sure your pictures look much better than the school pictures will. We got ours back, and I only bought them for the class picture. I can't believe how expensive they are. Anyway, they came back and Carley's shirt isn't the right color. Dallin is looking off the wrong way. I've never been impressed with the pictures. I sure hope yours turn out better, but at least you took some nice ones at home.
Natalie, your girls are gorgeous! I wish we had hair like that. And I am feeling great - not pregnant anymore. I had little Jane last Monday. Life is good although I'm tired. But it's been really fun. Hope you're doing well - I'm jealous of you living in Cali!
You did a great job and the girls look gorgeous! Fun to see them. Love all your updates....love the dresses!...love those stairs...can't wait to come visit.-N
Also dying to see what shoes you put with these dresses since the school has that "no opened-toed shoes" rule. : )
Post a Comment