It doesn't seem like these two things would go together, but right now they do...for me. The hyperemesis gravidarum, or extreme morning sickness, which really needs a better name since it is ALL day and pure misery, has attacked me. You might think that by my 4th pregnancy I would be prepared and know what to expect. Well I guess the later is true, but I was wishfully thinking that maybe, just maybe I could push through the nausea and insessant vomitting with a positive attitude, sleep, healthy diet, and exercise. I was on a good roll for about two weeks. Now I am in bed afraid to even sit up since everytime I do, it results in losing whatever I just ate. This is challenging physically since I have three kids and a husband that need my time, attention, and help. However, I think the emotional stress has been even more difficult. Since this is the 4th time around and the due date is the same as my last two babies, I know by holiday markers how long this lasts. Until Christmas. Three months is a long time to be sick. It stinks! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas are all pretty much blurs. This is usually my favorite time of year. So much to get excited about. These are holidays centered around family and kids. Now I will do my best to make this a memorable time for the girls - in a good way.
I am not completely desperate. I have help. There is a young couple that just moved into our ward. Scott works with Brian and mentioned that his wife is looking for work but not having success. Until she finds a permanent job, Brian and I have hired her to help me with caring for the girls and completing some needed household chores. It is a blessing to have Lorissa's help. And better, Paula was in St. George with a quilt group and graciously offered to contine her drive south and stay with us for a few days. She arrived yesterday evening. Already I have had meals brought to me, projects completed, and the house is getting organized. Her help is invaluable. It is humbling to have someone else come into your home and take over. It is a little embarassing too. All your flaws, i.e. messes are displayed for someone else to see. I have gotten over my pride quickly. I appreciate all the help. Brian is more than thrilled too. He has been on double duty for a couple of weeks and it has already worn him out. So...thanks for all the help, thoughts and prayers. I am grateful!
16 years ago
5 comments:
Hang in there Natalie. We are thinking about you!
Congratulations Natalie! My fourth was by far the hardest. I don't think I got off the couch for three months. Then after that I was just plain miserable for six more. But it has been so wonderful having a new baby in the house. I've already forgotten about the pain and suffering. I'm so happy for you! Good luck.
i am so glad you have help. each pregnancy for me has been worse than the last. i'm impressed that you're going for number 4! hope the end of the sickness is near!
Natalie! I just logged onto your blog which I hadn't been on in quiet a while! I'm trilled to hear the news that number four is on the way, but feel awful that you are so sick! I'm so sorry! Wish I lived right there in california to help you! It would be a nice excuse just to get to see you all again too though. Another beautiful Heath baby on the way! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!
Congratulations Natalie!! I haven't checked your blog in awhile and I'm so excited for you and your family. Here is hoping your sickness goes away quick - hang in there!!
Post a Comment