Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Catching Up

I can't believe it is already the middle of November. October came and went in a blur. Most of the days for me were spent in bed and at the doctor's office getting IVs. It has been a long six weeks for all of us. There have been tears, high emotions, but also a lot of gratitude from so many who have helped out. I had a lot of help from my friend, Nicole, who has taken all three girls countless times, brought dinner, and helped in so many ways. Elsa and Ava stepped in to help out with Greta once they got home from school. Brian took over everything else - cleaning, meals, homework, baths, bedtime, etc. We had help from parents the last couple of weeks. Brian was out of town for work for these two weeks. The first week he was gone, Tom and Paula came and helped out. They kept busy and completed extensive projects that would have been on our to-do list years from now. They also took the girls on fun outings to the beach and out for ice cream and other treats. My dad came last week and helped out while Brian was in Boston. It was so nice to have him here. I didn't change Greta's diaper once the whole time. He took her on long walks, made meals, cleaned the house, etc. I especially appreciated the help, and the girls enjoyed the special bonding time with their grandparents. It has been a challenging month, but there were some good times too. I'll catch up with some pictures.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Bowman Bunch said...

Natalie, you have certainly had a rough go of it. Please know that you, Brian and the girls are in our prayers. Hang in there...it will all be worth it when you have that sweet little babe in your arms!

Heather Woolley said...

Oh, Natalie. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so sick. So glad you've had help around. We're thinking of you!