Friday, September 11, 2009

We Now Have MICE!

Enough said.

Just when I thought things were getting better. Brian fixed the motor on the A/C. What was going to cost a couple of thousand $$, ended up being $300 with a little sweat equity and simple engineering on Brian's part. (He is my hero!) And the ants are gone thanks to pesticides. But what was "guaranteed to kill ants, spiders, silverfish, cockroaches, and rodents," I guess didn't include mice. I noticed droppings all over. Then Brian actually saw a tiny grey mouse dart from different parts of the house. I stayed up until 2am deep cleaning every surface. Brian set up over a dozen mouse traps. Then when we opened up the cabinet under the kitchen sink, there were droppings on top of the traps. It was so disappointing. I have the pest control company returning on Tuesday at their earliest availability, but it is so disturbing to think that we have more unwelcomed guests in our house until then (if it works this time). To make matters worse, Greta got her finger caught in one of the traps. I have too many headaches lately. Now I'm wondering why we live in sunny California and haven't had friends visit. Am I not doing a good enough job selling the benefits of staying with us. Ha, ha.

5 comments:

The Bowman Bunch said...

Are you using peanut butter on the traps? The peanut butter is sticky and not something that they can just pick up and run with. Good luck!

Robinson Family said...

You poor thing! I remember a mouse running through our hallway growing up an my brothers almost catching it. Yuck! Luckily, they were never in our kitchen, just the basement. My brother Spencer is dealing with similar issues after moving into an older home with 3 acres of land around it. He's been pretty frustrated with all the issues that have come up and repairs needed. I hope you're able to take care of the problem soon. And, if we could, we'd stay with you in a second!

It's That Simple said...

I'm way cool staying at Disneyland and you can come visit me. I am trying to figure out my own personal statute of limitations on the confirmed clearing of all rodents before I can come. However, let's not forget I don't need "sunny CA" or Disneyland to visit you. I showed you my true friendship when I made my trek to IN with no bells and whistles; but, as your friend, yes, you are doing a horrible job selling Heath Manor.

It's That Simple said...

May I add....the "bells and whistles" were not mentioned and still love the house, love the area, love the boat dock and loved the lake there! You may recall "It's a nice night for an evening."

Kelly Frye said...

Yikes, I hate mice. Hey Natalie, I am updating my address book and I don't have your new address. Could you email it to me at kraddon@hotmail.com. Sorry to leave this on a blog post but I also don't have a good email address for you. Other than mice, I hope all is going well!