Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Keepsakes


Grandma H made this beautiful quilt for Grant. We will treasure it as a reminder. The box that Ava is holding contains the hospital name tags, the shunt (from the fetal surgery), his hat, footprints and handprints, and a few other memorable belongings. We are so grateful for these few things that will give us comfort when we miss and mourn for Grant.



Grant's Casket and Vault. We took the girls out of school and went to the mortuary to see the casket and vault before it was transported to Utah. I was surprised by how small the casket was. I knew the dimensions but hadn't visualized just how small it would be. I was even more surprised by how light it was. Brian and I went into the viewing room first and looked inside. It was a calm and peaceful experience. I know that Grant has his body and is now at peace. Our sweet baby struggled for so long and can now rest in our Father's care.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: