Right after Grant's death, I needed some beach therapy. Our family headed to the beach after church. I needed to sit on a blanket, feel the sun on my face, and stare at the horizon. I find it comforting to look at something as majestic and expansive as the ocean. The sound and rhythm of the ocean waves are so peaceful. It is an easy setting to ponder life's experiences. I don't understand why we are given certain trials, but have definitely felt comfort and companionship during this latest trial - not just at the end, but throughout. I know our Father in Heaven loves us and also provides many many miracles and blessings to help us through the difficult times. I continue to pray for peace and understanding and accept that these tender mercies will come with time and patience.
Greta's and Brian's footprints in the sand. This pictures is quite symbolic of a loving Father that is always by our side watching over and protecting from the unexpected.
I love this picture of Ava. She looks so happy. It makes me smile looking at it. Being a child can be so carefree. This captured one of those moments.
Greta is quite a character. She loved playing in the surf as much as Elsa and Ava. She was soaked...and it was cold water!
I didn't think Elsa and Ava would have any interest getting in the ocean since it was so cold. Wrong. They ran right into the surf and within minutes of arriving were soaked from head to toe. I didn't bring swimsuits or a change of clothes. Lesson learned. Then they got into a sand throwing fight, which is not easy to wash out of long hair. After a while, they couldn't walk in their drenched pants, but were so embarrassed when I told them to take them off and just play in their underwear. I had a hard time convincing them that their underwear looked like a swim bottom. Where do they get their modesty?
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment