Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Zuma Beach Summer Days

We spent a lot of June and July at Zuma beach. I love the beach, especially when it is warm. Beach weather is always unpredictable. You always need sweatshirts, sunscreen, and lots of snacks (to keep Greta entertained). Zuma is our favorite because it is close, the waves are perfect for boogie boarding, and there are always dolphins swimming nearby for entertainment. We had a lot of visitors in July, so it was great way to spend a day and FREE. I kept forgetting to bring my camera, so I don't have many beach pictures. These are from the one time I remembered.

Callie, Greta, and Ava.

Juliet, Elsa, and Mia.

Ava will spend hours, literally, at the beach building sand mud piles. Not castles, but compacted sand piles. And it takes hours. One small bucket or handful at a time. Ava has a long attention span. Sometimes little kids will come kick the piles or a big wave will wash it away, and she silently starts all over again. Elsa, on the other hand, spends the day in the water and waves. She often went to the beach with her friend Juliet, and her family. Juliet has an older brother who, with his friends, goes deep into the water to boogie board on the big waves. Elsa will follow and loves the time. She is anxious to start surfing, which she'll start next summer.

Elsa and her friends standing on their boogie boards learning to balance when the waves wash in.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: