Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of School

School started earlier this year, sadly. I would like two more weeks of summer, but now days will be filled with homework and the early morning rush to get out the door. The class lists were published at 4pm the day before, so we went to find out new teachers. We are thrilled with the teachers that the girls have. The anticipation for the first day is thrilling - picking out the first day outfits, packing school supplies, and getting to bed at a decent hour (that is the hardest part). Lights were out at 8:30pm, but well past 9:30pm I could still hear Elsa and Ava talking to each other about what to expect the first day.
Brian wanted to buy the girls' backpacks this year, so I gave him only a few instructions. The most important one was that Elsa and Ava could pick it out. Ava chose this cute daisy backpack. Her major requirement was that it was bigger than last year's backpack. I guess it wouldn't hold her folders. (But it was so cute!)

Sisters! They are good friends and take care of each other. I'm glad they have each other at school. Neither are in classes with their close friends, but they were fine. They said that they would still have recess and after school to play. They are also excited to make new friends.
Elsa was especially excited for school. She loves learning and reading. She picked out her backpack with Brian and is convinced (with Brian's coaxing) that she'll won't need a new backpack until middle school.

1 comment:

Heather Dawson said...

The girls are SO big... and just as gorgeous as ever!! Happy school days!