Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is melancholy for different reasons. It is a reflective time to think about life's experiences - or joys and our sorrows. While I am grateful for the many men and women who have sacrificed their lives for our freedoms, I also think about close family who have passed.
We don't live near the cemetery where my mother and Grant are buried, so we are grateful for both mine and Brian's parents who took flowers to put beside Grant. His due date was May 18th. As I celebrate Ava's and Greta's birthdays this month, I always think of what life would be like with him in our day-to-day lives. I am so grateful for the healthy beautiful daughters that I have. I am able to rejoice and celebrate their births and their lives during what is an otherwise painful and difficult time.
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for doing this kind loving act for us. We appreciate you.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amelia Hohl said...

Hello! I just read through your last 6 months and you have been so busy! I loved the post about Greta getting in so much trouble. Sounds like my little Bea -- getting into chapstick and putting stickers on everything, ruining her clothes and changing 5 times per day, etc. I am also impressed that you put on two fabulous looking Birthday parties in one month. You are amazing! Love those tissue pom poms too.

Thanks for posting about your little boy. It's nice you have a grave for him. We did not bury our baby boy, but I still feel like it was the right thing to do somehow since I still don't regret it. I did think about him on Memorial Day though. I hope you are feeling alright during this time.

I don't know if you heard that I'm pregnant with another girl. You'll have to tell me how life is with three girls close together. I'm excited about all the cute clothes, but worried about the teenage years. haha!