Saturday, May 21, 2011

Greta is 3!!!

Greta turned 3 years-old yesterday. I can't believe our baby is three!!! She was so excited to have a birthday party this year. Whenever we asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she say, "Presents." Then we'd ask what kind of presents, "Candles...cake...lemonade." So she is pretty easy to please. I decided on a circus theme just because the colors are bright and colorful - and lots of polka dots (my favorite)! I thought we could duplicate party ideas for both Greta and Ava's parties, but Ava informed me that she wants a Garden Party.

Here are the decorations - I am quite proud of myself because I made all the pennants. I have made paper banners for birthdays in the past and wanted something that would last longer and could be used to decorate the house for all of our birthdays. However, I am always ambitious and start craft projects, but never finish them. (I have a whole craft store of supplies taking up valuable closet space!)










The girls had fun coloring animal masks and then wearing them.


Here is Greta with her best friend, Tessa. They adore each other. I had bought a balloon animal kit, but didn't have time to even read the directions. Elsa and Ava had a blast reading the directions and making hats for all of the girls. Have they found a new hobby???

Greta loved blowing-out her candles and singing "Happy Birthday!" She sang to herself all day.

This is Greta's smile - full of mischief. In the morning while I was sewing the pennants, she got into the M&M's. She ate A LOT because the jar was significantly lower than when I filled it. While I was finishing decorations for her party, she colored all-over her arms, legs, and hands with marker. So I put her in the bathtub. When I came downstairs, there were markers (without lids) on the carpet and couch. Thank goodness they are washable markers, but it still took 20 minutes to clean up the ink stains. Then when I was making cupcakes, Greta dumped a bottle of water on the couch, by accident. But it still needed to be cleaned up. While I was cleaning this mess, she went into the office and took the backing off of foam letter stickers and stuck them on the walls, windows, and treadmill. Ugh. I didn't even have time to clean up this mess. I had put her on the stairs and told her not to move. I went to get her ten minutes later (yes, I know time-outs should be shorter), she had taken purple chapstick and hollowed out the tube with her finger. The chapstick was smeared all over her dress! So this was outfit #3 for the today. (She went through two more outfits, to make it a total of 5 for the day. It is no surprise that I have piles of laundry.) She has transitioned nicely into the terrible threes.

5 comments:

Thayer said...

I LOVE the pennants on the chairs especially, you're so crafty! Way to go, and I'm even more impressed you finished a project with such a trouble maker on your hands, can't wait to meet her!

leslie(cullensblessings) said...

Those pennants are SO cute! You did an amazing job!! I can't believe how big she is and I smiled at all the mischief she got into!! You have to put that list into her baby book!!

Tom Heath said...

Happy Birthday, Greta! Thanks for the wonderful photos.

Robinson Family said...

I love the decorations and the fact that they're re-usable. I can't get over how much Greta has grown up and how much she looks like your other girls. All beautiful!

Heather Woolley said...

Sounds EXACTLY like the same three year old we have at our house! Loved your parties for your girls! So beautiful and SO much work! Way to go!