16 years ago
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
First Day Back to School
The big day arrived. The morning was seamless. Both Elsa and Ava woke up at 7am from the anticipation of a new school year. We ate a breakfast of oatmeal, scrambled eggs, and juice. They had picked out their first-day outfits the night before and quickly dressed. Hair was done, and we were off. Getting to the school was chaotic. Since there is no bus service and it was the first day, the parking lot and streets were full of cars. Luckily, we found a space relatively close to the school. By the time we got to the school, there were only a couple of minutes for pictures before the bell rang. My heart raced in a mix of excitement and fear. I hope this is a happy year for both Elsa and Ava.
Elsa's and Ava's new backpacks. (Ava has Elsa's from last year, reused! It washed up well. Plus, it is about the cutest backpack I've ever seen, so I'm happy that Ava was excited about using it this year. It is a perfect size for 1st grade, but too small for the textbooks brought home in 2nd grade. Yes, I realize that most people don't put this much thought into backpacks.)
Walking to their classes.
Elsa and Ava in front of the school.
Ava walking into her classroom.
Ava sitting at her desk. She is in the front row at the right-end. I think this is the same seat Elsa started in last year.
Elsa waiting outside of her class. She has Mrs. Anderson for 2nd grade and had only one other student from her 1st grade class with her. She is nervous about friends, but has loved having Ava in the same playground with her. They also eat together at lunch too. I love that.
Listening to her teacher's instruction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gotta love the first day of school. Thanks for sharing those pics of your beautiful girls. We miss them, especially Emery, she still asks for Elsa and Ava all the time.
You have pretty, pretty girls.
Your girls look so beautiful!
simply beautiful! I think they actually both look like you! I knew Ava looked like you a lot, but Elsa looks a lot like you in these pictures too. Funny since I don't think they look all that much alike. They are both incredibly beautiful in their own right. Love their backpacks too! Very cute!
Post a Comment