Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stage #1 of Renovations

The whole house is covered in plastic while the popcorn ceilings are being sprayed and scraped. Although this wasn't high on the list of priorities, it ended up being the first thing we did. I am so grateful we did because it is a huge mess.
We ripped out an outdated 70's wet bar. We'll use this space for a built-in desk cabinet. We also demolished a bright turquoise awkwardly shaped closet from one of the bedrooms, chair rail from another bedroom, and baseboards throughout the house. It is a lot of clean-up work (thankfully we're not the ones cleaning it), but well worth the money. I've experienced a few kinks being the general contractor for this project. Electrical wiring wasn't configured correctly, so I had to have a more experienced electrician come do repairs and finishing work for a lot of the lighting that is being installed. Ugh. Tomorrow the painters will be in to prime and paint ceilings and rooms. It is all coming together. Yea!
Here is Elsa standing in what will soon be her bedroom. She and Ava will share a room. I am excited for this room's potential. Right now it is a pile of scraped plaster.
One more picture of the renovations with a view from the hallway upstairs.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Wow Natalie, looks like quite a project! I am so glad you found a house and I am sure it will turn out beautifully. Good luck and can't wait to see more pictures!