16 years ago
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Greta at 4 months
Greta's stats at her 4 month check-up: weight 12 lbs. 9 oz (36th percentile), 25 inches long (77th percentile). She dropped percentiles in both height and weight, but is still relatively high on the charts. She is long and lean, just like her sisters were. Greta is such a sweet baby. She is still sporadic with her sleeping routine, which is more my fault since she is carted to and from kindergarten, preschool, errands, etc. Right at four months, she started sleeping from 9pm to 6:30-7am. Unfortunately, this only lasted about 10 days. Then she was waking at random times each night - nothing consistent. Sometimes she'd go every three hours for feedings. I tried bottles which didn't help much. The last three nights, she has been asleep by 8:30pm and wakes up at 5:30 to eat and then sleeps again until 8:30. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she keeps with this routine. It is definitely better than waking up at midnight, 3am, and 5am.
Greta loves to smile, which always makes me happy. She loves her mom! She has the sweetest giggle and laughs at her sisters. Elsa does this monkey impersonation. She hunches her shoulders and raises them up and down while breathing heavily. This always makes Greta belly laugh. I am not sure what is funnier. Elsa making a fool of herself for a laugh from Greta or the laugh itself. We are all smitten with Greta. She is very ticklish under her armpits and loves kisses on her neck. Even when she is sad or tired, she can't resist a big smile or laugh when she is kissed. My favorite thing is that right after she nurses in the morning, as I am laying her down, she looks up at me and gives me this giant grin. Then she turns her head to the side,closes her eyes, and falls back asleep. She also wakes up happy. She'll coo in her bed for quite a while. I know it is time to get her from the crescendo of her coos.
Just these last two weeks, she has enjoyed playing on the floor. She'll pull her feet up and play with her toes. She also rocks from side to side while holding onto her feet. She has started rolling over from both tummy-to-back and back-to-tummy, but not consecutively. She loves her play gym and is now grabbing at toys and sucking on them. I think she is teething because she is constantly chewing on her two fingers and drools constantly (but it is a total guess). She always has a bib on to keep the drool or spit up from drenching her clothes.
One of the things that stands out most about Greta is that she loves music, especially Curious George soundtrack by Jack Johnson. She'll calm down instantly when I play it in the car. We listen to it A LOT, but our car rides are quiet. She also calms down when Brian plays the piano. I think she is growing up too fast, but I love this stage. She is past the newborn fussiness and is full of personality. We all just love our little Greta and feel so blessed that she is part of our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
oh she is SO beautiful... you have to get a video of elsa making greta laugh. i could hear you telling that story and laughing and crying. miss you so much. what is the latest with the move?
The picture of you and Greta at the top of the page is priceless. What a cutie!
I miss watching your girls grow up. They are so cute.
That smile makes me melt!
I love checking your blog and seeing how things are going. Greta is beautiful and it seems like you're really enjoying her while she's still a baby. You're previous post was hilarious - we've all been there, piling things into a laundry basket and shoving it all in closet somewhere . . .
I absolutely love these pictures! So cute!
Post a Comment