Sunday, October 19, 2008

Zoo Boo with Glinda and Elphaba

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Yesterday we went to the zoo with Glinda, the Good Witch and Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West. Elsa and Ava are NOT type casted. :) Ava requested to be a witch again with a green face! Easy for me since I already had the costume and make-up from last year. Elsa was then going to be Dorothy. I was in the process of finding and calculating the cost of ruby red slippers and a costume. Elsa came down dressed in one of her princess dress-ups and I realized this looked exactly like the Glinda costumes I was finding online. The only thing missing was the unique crown. Elsa loved the idea of being Glinda, the Good Witch. I did a little searching for the right supplies and then spent over an hour cutting a pattern and putting together Glinda's crown. Elsa and Ava had fun helping with the finishing touches - glueing on the tulle and jewels. It turned out well and made the costume. Elsa loved dressing up, especially having glitter eye shadow and glitter face paint. She eagerly posed for all the pictures we wanted. Ava's dark side came through once again with her infatuation with witches, particularly the Wicked Witch of the West. She does a good, "Come here my pretty" impersonation. She would only respond if we called her Elphaba. She is such a character. We love both of our witches.
It was perfect weather to go to the zoo. It was 65 and sunny. The animals were less lethargic than in the hot summer months. It was the perfect fall activity. About every 20 feet was a table set-up with people passing out candy. There were lots of people at the zoo, but it wasn't chaotic. Elsa and Ava enjoyed seeing all the different costumes - Scooby Doo, Elmo, Princesses, etc. We even ran into Dorothy (a few times). People got a kick out of seeing Elsa and Ava together. A friend loaned us the Wicked soundtrack so Elsa and Ava can get into full character by Halloween.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Seriously, Elsa makes the most perfect Glinda EVER! What great costumes!

It's That Simple said...

That Glinda costume ESPECIALLY your handy work on the crown is to die for! Miss Elsa looks so pretty......and I love good 'ole Ava and her being true to herself to go with what she wants!

It's That Simple said...

Tenny made me make the pictures bigger so she could look at Elsa and Ava close up from head to toe. She wants the Glinda crown.....not for Halloween, but "...don't forget about I want to look like Elsa."