Sunday, June 20, 2010

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!


I just love these pictures of Greta. She wouldn't cooperate in a group picture, so I tried single shots. These pictures were a fifth attempt. My friend came over and helped with Greta. Greta loves Michelle and was playful and giggling. Her dimples just get me - every time.


Happy Father's Day! Our girls want to be just like their dad, so I dressed them in Brian's shirts and ties earlier last week and took pictures. They turned out well...after three different attempts. Elsa and Ava had a lot of fun preparing for Father's Day. They made cards, picked out presents, and wrote in their journals their favorite things about Dad. Ava wrote "Sunday is Father's Day. My Dad tax (takes) me to BerCup (Berri Cup). My Dad tech is (teaches) me the comonisandments (commandments)." Elsa wrote, "Sunday is father's day. My dad's name is Brian. My dad takes me to beri cup every Thursday for date night. My dad teached me how to snow ski, water ski, ride a bike, and to turn on the computer." I think both of these entries say so much about what a wonderful father Brian is to our three precious girls. They are very blessed. Attributes he also has - a lot of patience (with four feisty girls), kindness, hard work, loyalty, dedication, affection, and playfulness. He has a great sense of humor and is a big tease. He has taught this to our girls. Tonight when Ava was talking to Grandpa H. on the phone, he said to Brian, "I love you with all of my heart." Ava chimed in, "Well don't you think you should save some of your heart for Grandma and your other children?" She is like her dad, always finding ways to turn what you say into something funny. All three girls have so much of their dad in them. Lucky girls. I hope it was a nice relaxing Father's Day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Heather Dawson said...

What a cute idea!! Kaitlyn walked up and saw the pictures and asked who Greta was. When I told her she said, "Wow, she's so grown up!!" It's been too long since we saw your cute girls!! :)