16 years ago
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Palm Springs Weekend
We spent this past weekend in Palm Springs with Grandma and Grandpa. It was a relaxing weekend for all of us (well maybe not Grandma and Grandpa). Brian had been travelling the week before and his chest cold turned into pneumonia. He was able to nap and rest in the sunshine for a couple of days to give him a needed boost. The girls loved swimming in the heated pools, riding the water slide, and playing in the activity center and playground. Elsa and Ava went to a street festival with Grandma and convinced her to buy them a few trinkets, one being blue fingernail polish. They are quite trendy now! We had a great time and really appreciated the reprieve from everyday home life.
Tom and Paula came the week before to help out with the kids while Brian was gone. There was a possibility that I'd need to go back into surgery to have another shunt placed, but the fluid around the baby's lungs has not re-accumulated. This is great news. Since I wasn't in the hospital, we spent the week painting the interior of the house. The constant rain prevented us from spending time outside, so it was something to do...I guess. That is Tom's and Paula's style. No rest for them. The house looks so much better now. I have new baseboards getting installed and a few more rooms getting painted next week. Then we'll have hardwood floors put in the dining room to make it more functional than the carpet it now has. Then new carpet throughout the house. Yeah! This is what I am most excited about. We can then put furniture back where it goes in rooms and feel like we are living in a house and not a garage. Finally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
i hadn't heard that there was something going on with the baby-- so glad that everything is okay now.
fun for the house projects! can't wait to see the final result! i'm sure it will be fabulous.
It's so good to hear from you. I'm glad the fluid has not returned and pray it will not be a problem again.
All of the house projects sound exciting. I hope to see pictures. I guess you can be glad it rained and not snowed. We had about 10 days straight that were grey and dreary. Now, we can finally see the sun, but it is bitter, bitter cold. I'm counting the days until spring. Good luck with everything!
SOOO Jealous of that nice weather!!! Looks like you guys had a great time!
We are so thrilled that things are going well with your baby boy. We think about you constantly. Love you!
post pictures of your house! I'd love to see the before and after. also, glad to hear little baby boy is doing well. he's a tough one.
natalie-- just realized i don't have a current address for you guys. would you mind emailing it to me?
Post a Comment