
Elsa and Ava at Alta Ski Resort. They are excited to start skiing.

Ava had a better time than her expression shows.

Brian, Elsa, and Ava waiting to ride the lift.

Ava fell at the end of the run at the end of the day. This is the result - a fractured tibia.

After we spent the weekend accusing Ava of being too dramatic over a sprained ankle, I took her into the ER at Primary Children's Hospital. I knew her leg was broken as soon as I saw the x-ray. Her leg was placed in a splint to immobilize her leg until the swelling went down. Doctors like to wait at least a week before they will cast a broken bone. Of course, I felt so guilty for not being more sympathetic to Ava's pain. Parental guilt!

We spent a lot of time trying to get insurance approval to have her leg casted in Utah. Since we couldn't get approval to have it casted there with an orthopedic surgeon, we decided to keep our original flight plans to California. Brian took Ava to a clinic on Thursday morning to have her leg casted. After Ava was done, she begged to go to the beach. So I drove all three girls to Malibu to explore the beaches. Oh, what a sight I was, carrying Greta in a backpack carrier and Ava on my hip. Ava got her wish and enjoyed playing in the sand. She is in good spirits, all things considered. She likes being pampered. I, on the other hand, have been grumpy. I have stairs going up and down to our apartment. Carrying Ava and Greta as well as a purse, diaper bag, groceries, etc. Lots of fun I tell you.
4 comments:
Oh my! It can only get better form here! Hang in there! Look at it this way...you are building great muscle tone! And some day you can literally say, "I remember the days when I had to carry both of you up and down the stairs BOTH ways to get to the store!"
never a dull moment for you guys, but hopefully being so close to the beach makes it all seem better :)
Oh no! I'm glad you took her in. How long does she have to wear the cast?
Seriously?
Post a Comment