Monday, March 30, 2009

Greta at 10 months




I have neglected (once again) to post pictures and give an update on Greta. It must be the plight of a third child. Here are her stats at approximately 9 months. Since we were switching our health insurance with the new job, I had her 9-month check-up at 8 1/2 months. At her check-up she was 18.5 lbs. and 28 inches. She is my shortest baby by 1 1/2 inches. The week following her check-up, she got the flu and lost a lot of weight. I am not sure how much, but she lost some baby fat. Her pants still fall off of her. She still hasn't put the weight back on. The pediatrician said that between 6-9 months babies slow down in growth. This has been true for Greta. She was my biggest baby at birth, and so far is my smallest.

Greta is so joyful and has the best smile. She is becoming quite a social baby. I had her with me at a Relief Society activity. A bunch a women were in a circle talking while I was holding Greta. We all started laughing when Greta pulled her pacifier out and did this totally fake laugh. She wanted to join in on the conversation. She has also started to imitate me when I make raspberry sounds or pucker my lips. It cracks me up. She is really cruising around furniture. Brian pulled out our baby walker this weekend, and Greta has loved cruising around the house. She rounds the corners giggling. She isn't completely steady, but she is fast. She is a busy curious baby just like Elsa was. She loves to get into the fridge, dishwasher, drawers, and cupboards. If she can stand and pull things out, even better. Greta can climb all 16 stairs in seconds. (Elsa taught her this!) She hasn't mastered climbing down them, which is scary. I've been working on it with her.

Greta is a great eater too. She is still nursing a few times a day, mostly in the middle of the night. I am ready to give it up. I have been giving her a sippy cup, but she hardly drinks from it. It is mostly a toy that constantly gets dropped on the floor. She still likes baby oatmeal and some baby foods - green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, and carrots. She won't eat fruit in baby food form anymore. She will eat a whole banana and a yogurt in one sitting. She also likes cottage cheese, turkey, chicken, hamburger, hummus (which gives her bad garlic breath), whole peas, and of course, Cheerios. She rejected pears, avocados, beans, and blueberries. I'll keep trying those since those are some of the best foods for healthy fats and nutrition. It is fun to try new things with her because she'll at least try it once. She does better than my other two daughters.

Since I've been travelling with Greta, her sleeping is messed up. She no longer sleeps for long stretches. I am happy if she'll sleep for straight four hours at night. As backwards as it sounds, I am too tired to have her cry it out. Life is too busy. It seems like I am always waking her up from a nap for a showing, or switching up her bedtime because of our crazy schedules. I figure once we get settled, I can enforce a schedule. It can't come soon enough.

These pictures are just a few of my favorites. I could stare at Greta all day. I just love her.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lauren said...

She is beautiful Natalie. The schedule really goes out the window with baby #3. Good luck with your move to CA. Are you moving close to Nicole and Wes?

Anonymous said...

Emery just had her check up today and she was 18.3 ibs and 28 1/2 inches! They are pretty close to eachother!

Heather Woolley said...

Oh, just look at that face!!! What a doll. I love those dimples!!!