Monday, February 9, 2009

We are moving to California!

Yes, yes! Sunny days are coming. (Although this week the weather is in the 50's and it feels marvelous.) Brian accepted a job with a company in Southern California. He starts March 2nd. We have 60 days to sell our house before we have the option of the company purchasing it. Now this wouldn't SEEM like it would be stressful given the fact that it has been on the market since June. But now that I have a deadline, I have anxiously begun to clean out closets, de-junk, and organize our belongings to prepare for a move. We told the girls last Thursday when it was about 8 degrees outside. Brian said, "Now see how it is really cold and snowy here? We won't have weather like this EVER where we are moving to." Ava started crying and said, "Oh no, you mean we won't have Christmas ever again or get to build snowmen?" I guess he could have phrased it better. They are excited to be close to Disneyland and the beach, but are thrilled to be closer to their grandparents. They are already planning their visits - going on hikes and walks to search for golf balls, riding horses, and playing with cousins. The only downside (and it is a big one) is that we have to leave our fabulous friends here in Indiana. We will miss them. Oh yea, and the fact that we'll be paying twice as much for a house that is five times older and half the size of the house we live in now. I guess there are trade-offs for the nicer weather.

8 comments:

The Bowman Bunch said...

Natalie, while we are sad you won't be in IN when we return...we are thrilled that you will be closer to family and that the girls get their Daddy back during the week. Best wishes to you and may your move go smoothly!

Thayer said...

Congrats guys, and plan on having lot of house guests since you'll be close to Disney, Sea World, and LEGOland!

Emily said...

WOOHOO!!! I am glad the word on the street is true! Which area are you moving to? We will have to meet up some time!

deborah said...

YEAH, so glad you will be closer.... we will do disney for sure!!! where are you going in So CAL?

Anonymous said...

We are so thrilled that you will be closer! Yahoo! We hope to see you and your family a lot more!

P.S. We made your white chili last Friday and it was sooooo good! If you have any other simple, yummy recipes I'd love to have a copy!

Cecily said...

Yay!! Slowly but surely we'll get more SoCal converts. Where are you going to be??

Lauren said...

That is such great news. What is Bryan doing there? I keep telling Dale to look into southern ca. It has been such a long winter in NYC!!

I hope your move goes well. Your girls are soo beautiful. I think Ava looks just like you in your last post.

xo

Heather Woolley said...

Kris told me the news just the other day. I'm so excited for your move, mostly because it means you'll all be under the same roof during the week. It's not easy when the husbands travel so much!! Sure you adjust and get used to it, but it's SO much better to be together! I'm very happy for you. I heard that you may be in Thousand Oaks near Nicole?? That would be wonderful!! Can't wait to hear more! Miss you guys!!!